6.15.2008

Skinny House 1: Bend, OR

A few months ago I got interested in narrow houses in Portland, thanks to spotting one in NoPo.

IMG_0521
Spotted on US-97 North

This weekend I found that they have also appeared in Bend. A June 2007 CNN article ranks Bend as the most overvalued real estate market in the US.

IMG_0529
This development is named Bend Ten.

IMG_0523
Conveniently located across the highway from Wal-Mart.

IMG_0531
That's right, I went in the back yard for you.

IMG_0530
Is this blog an excuse for nosiness?

IMG_0522

Woodhill Homes is offering these 1711 square foot homes at $250 - 270 K, thought the brochure I picked up had the upper price at $314. You can look at a floor plan on their site. There are four built, it looks like there are utilities in place to add at least another four. Maybe the goal is to build ten.

The narrow homes I've seen in Portland are on nicer sites. I think they do better as an addition to a neighborhood rather than as a new development.

Do they remind you of this, too?

No comments: